Tuesday, June 8, 2010

People. People who read People.

Is it a bad thing, do you think, if the only things I've read cover to cover in the last month are a stack of People magazines?

People Magazine Free Association, June 14, 2010 issue

1. How totally awesome is it that Ian Ziering (playboy with a heart of gold Steve Sanders of 90210 fame) invited the whole cast of the original series to his wedding? Even awesomer: the caption below a photo of Jennie Garth describes her as the woman "whose character dated Ziering's on the show." Proof positive that these kids peaked early, and peaked gloriously.

2. Nothing sounds more disgusting to me than a premade frozen sandwich. With toast marks on the pre-prepared panini bread. Seriously, what the hell?

2a. Upon visiting the Lean Cuisine website to find that link, I have to say that their site offends me as both a feminist and a foodie.

3. Are they actually making a live action version of The Smurfs, and is Hank Azaria actually playing Gargamel, and are they actually filming live on the streets of New York City, or am I currently having some sort of hallucination?

3a. Oh my, this makes it sound so much weirder.

4. Celine Dion is amazing. Choice quote from a piece about her miracle pregnancy: "It's stressful but I'm relaxing. I look at my little belly. I do almost nothing. If you tell me I have to stay in bed, I will stay in bed. To bring them into the world, there's nothing more important than that. It's incredible." Self-effacing!

4a. Fourfour's Celine supercut videos are as amazing as the woman herself.



2a. Part of my panini-rage stemmed from the fact that at the time of reading, I was eating a truly amazing and not at all frozen sandwich, based upon one of my favourite dishes from Vancouver vegetarian restaurant the Naam, aka my living room during the years I lived out West. They had this killer veggie dog wrapped in a fresh chapati with cheese and guacamole. It only cost 4$. I ate it a lot. Anyway, my version involved a nearly-stale flour tortilla, the end of a chunk of gouda, fried mushrooms, and a metric ton's worth of delicious tender salad greens from my incredible CSA. No one deserves to eat a shitty frozen fake-toasted sandwich.

6. I may or may not envy Shania Twain's chichi European lifestyle. Seriously, from a country singer from Timmins to living in a chateau and hosting charity balls in Switzerland? Well done, lady. Well done.

1 comment:

  1. Q: And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

    A: The Smurf Movie.

    Seriously. A Smurf movie???!!! With live action Gargamel? NPH? Brian Cumming?!!?!?!?!?!? This is my living nightmare. All we need now is for someone to decide that Howard the Duck deserves a remake and the apocalypse will truly be upon us.

    ReplyDelete